Skip to main content

Campervan Adventures in Spain & Portugal: Lagoas de Santo André e da Sancha Nature Reserve, Comporta, & Porto Palafita da Carrasqueira

Today we got a late start, but once we got going we headed to Lagoas de Santo André e da Sancha Nature Reserve

The beach was nice, there were dunes to walk across

And lots of sandy trails in the trees!

After our morning wander we headed to Comporta which had all the white storks!!

The town was super tiny, but the first cute town we have seen in Portugal

We headed down to the beach for lunch

And stuck our feet in, but the water was still freezing!!

Most of the shells were so thin they were almost see through which as fun

Afterwards we headed back to town

So many storks!

Then it was on to our next stop, Porto Palafita da Carrasqueira. We parked in town which was like a ghost town. 

And wandered down to the docks - the water was out, but it was still fun to spy

And we saw lots of fun birds

I took this photo on the way back to the car. This encapsulates the non-beach non-major city Portugal to me. There is this nice house on the right, maintained, it has some nice tiles on the corners, right next to the completely run down house that looks like no one has thought about taking care of in forever. It was so strange and not at all what I expected from Portugal!

14.13km walked/ 10 flights


Popular posts from this blog

Campervan Adventures in Iceland: Final Thoughts

That is it for our Iceland adventures! I wanted to post one last wrap up just to say a few things I didn't put elsewhere, or organize my overall thoughts in one place. 

Campervan Adventures in Iceland: Ferry home - Tórshavn

The boat home was just as smooth and uneventful as the ride to Iceland. We left Iceland at 8pm Wed, Thurs at 3pm we arrive in Tórshavn and had a few hours to wander around, then back to the boat for the night, Friday was at sea, and Saturday we arrived in Hirtshals at 11am. 

The end

So it started raining on us for days and we cut out to come back to Seattle for a few days and wait for it to clear up.....and then Raymond decided he really did not want to go back out. So I at first was pretty upset cause I really wanted to get to Canada, or at least as far as we could while the weather was still nice this weekend. And I was feeling really like we were giving up for no reason. Like if one of us were injured or if I was hating it or something then I would have been better about it. But instead it was like the forecast called for gorgeous weather this weekend and we were just going to sit at home. I figured we could have at least gotten to the next stop and then only had one more chunk to do next year, but Raymond really didn't want to go back out so we decided not to. But hopefully by this time next year we will get the last 2 sections done, and maybe go back and do the section from white pass to snoqualmie as we went RIGHT by Mt Rainier and it is supposed to be g