Skip to main content

Easter Trip 2023: Nuremberg

Last year we found out that my friend who had just moved over to Munich was going to have to move back to the states and we were so sad! She didn't want to go, but had to for a lot of reasons, but she wouldn't be leaving until June. Therefore we decided to plan an Easter weekend adventure because why not? We originally were going to go up to the Polish Coast for the long weekend, but this was better. 

Friday and Monday are holidays here so we headed south on Thursday night to meet up with my friend in Nuremberg. She wasn't getting there till Friday, but that gave us time to finally explore this city! I feel like we have had plans multiple times to stop here and spy, but every time something else comes up and we don't make it. 

When we got in we went out for a small wander around








The next morning we had time for another wander before meeting my friend's train



This wooden figure is for bees! There were a couple of them around and I never would have guessed they were for the bees













We had just enough time to do a big loop up to the castle and back to the train station (we had stayed near there and the car was parked there). It was nice to finally see the city and we definitely will have to come back and spy some more. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Campervan Adventures in Iceland: Final Thoughts

That is it for our Iceland adventures! I wanted to post one last wrap up just to say a few things I didn't put elsewhere, or organize my overall thoughts in one place. 

Campervan Adventures in Iceland: Ferry home - Tórshavn

The boat home was just as smooth and uneventful as the ride to Iceland. We left Iceland at 8pm Wed, Thurs at 3pm we arrive in Tórshavn and had a few hours to wander around, then back to the boat for the night, Friday was at sea, and Saturday we arrived in Hirtshals at 11am. 

The end

So it started raining on us for days and we cut out to come back to Seattle for a few days and wait for it to clear up.....and then Raymond decided he really did not want to go back out. So I at first was pretty upset cause I really wanted to get to Canada, or at least as far as we could while the weather was still nice this weekend. And I was feeling really like we were giving up for no reason. Like if one of us were injured or if I was hating it or something then I would have been better about it. But instead it was like the forecast called for gorgeous weather this weekend and we were just going to sit at home. I figured we could have at least gotten to the next stop and then only had one more chunk to do next year, but Raymond really didn't want to go back out so we decided not to. But hopefully by this time next year we will get the last 2 sections done, and maybe go back and do the section from white pass to snoqualmie as we went RIGHT by Mt Rainier and it is supposed to be g